If I was to choose one thing to be my snack food of choice, it would have to be chicken wings. I crave wings often. In our home I regularly make chicken wings and usually there is 2 or 3 sauces that we can choose to toss them in. Janna, Elijah and Mary like honey garlic the best. Ben and I go for hot buffalo wings. Below is my recipe for buffalo wings. In the future I will post my honey garlic, chile lime, and Indian flavoured wings.
- 2 pounds wings
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup hot sauce (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Cut the wings into two pieces (drumette and two-bone peice – throwing away the wing tip).
- Wash the wings and dredge them in flour. Shake off the excess flour and deep fry them in 350F oil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place them on paper towels to get the excess oil off and toss them with buffalo sauce.