These chicken cilantro quesadillas are the perfect way to use up leftover chicken meat. We often have a package of soft tortilla shells on hand, ready to make quesadillas and this is likely the most common recipe I use. The cilantro and lime work great with the chicken and give the quesadillas an authentic Mexican flavour. The jalapeno pepper gives some nice kick and the melted cheddar cheese is creamy and delicious.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 soft tortilla shells
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts and toss with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Lay the 4 soft tortilla shells on a cookie sheet.
- Assemble the quesadillas by placing a quarter of each remaining ingredient – chicken, red pepper, onion, jalapeno and cheese on half of each tortilla shell. Fold each tortilla shell over the toppings creating a half moon shape.
- Bake in a 375F oven for about 10 minutes, or until the tortilla shell starts to brown and crisp up.