I am always on the lookout for a new salad. Especially during the summer months, a nice cold salad is bright and refreshing. This antipasto salad has wonderful flavours and is a meal in itself. I love an antipasto plate and I cannot believe that I had never thought to turn it into a salad.
This recipe is adapted from Giada De Laurentiis. It is the first recipe from her that I have tried and it is a real winner.
This is the perfect starter to go with an Italian meal. Follow this up with some lasagna or manicotti for a great Italian dinner. This also can go wonderfully well alongside grilled chicken or steak.
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced into chunks
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- ¾ pound salami, cut into cubes
- ½ pound provolone cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 12oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, beans, salami, cheese and artichoke hearts together in a large bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing the oil, vinegar lemon juice, sugar, salt and oregano together. Pour over the salad and toss until evenly coated.