One cookie that I make almost every year are peanut butter blossoms. They are a chewy peanut buttery cookie that has a Hershey’s kiss on it. Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter together?!? They are always popular. This year, I wanted to mix it up a bit and while I was in the grocery store last week, I saw some peppermint Hershey’s kisses. I knew that these would work out great. For the cookie, I decided on a chewy, fudgy chocolate cookie.
These are so colourful and they are sure to brighten up any cookie tray. Once you have put the kiss on top of the cookie, wait for the cookie and the white chocolate in the kiss to cool and harden before moving them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 40-45 Hershey's Peppermint Kisses
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, both sugars, eggs, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat the flour mixture into the wet mixture slowly.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place the balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and press a chocolate peppermint kiss in the centre of each cookie.
- Cool on a wire rack.