Today is a cold and dreary day in Toronto. It is the perfect day to sit down with a warm drink and a good book. So, today is the perfect day to share this new giveaway with you. Ann Brent is a long time family friend and one of the contributing authors in A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider. She has generously offered this book as a giveaway on my site – Woohoo!! Thanks Ann. To go along with the book, I am going to include a package of my favourite apple cider mix, which is the perfect drink to have while you sit down and read this awesome book!
- A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider book
- A package of hot apple cider mix
About the book:
Canadian writer Ann Brent has two stories included in an inspirational book that is breaking records. A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider is an anthology whose grace-filled stories are bringing hope and encouragement to thousands of readers. The short pieces—each of which contains a complete story—make it easy for readers to pick up the book and read something satisfying when taking a break from their busy schedules. The book is a collection of 51 stories written by 37 Canadian writers who share a Christian faith perspective, and includes short fiction, poetry and personal experience articles. One of Ann’s stories is a humourous look at aging and the other tells the story of the first time she met her father. In 2012, the book reached Canadian bestseller status and was named Christian Small Publisher Gift Book of the Year, in a people’s choice contest voted on by book retailers and readers. Here is the Hot Apple Cider website: www.hotapplecider.ca
How to Buy a Book:
- Autographed books are available directly from me on my website (www.writerbrent.wordpress.com
) Cost is $20, which includes postage in Canada.
- Through the following websites: http://www.thewordguild.com/
buy-books-canadian/ and www.hotapplecider.ca
- Major retailers, both in store and online, carry the book as well as the e-book
Here is a little bit about my friend Ann:
Ann Brent is the Director of National Ministries for Empower Ministries where she produces publications that inform, challenge and inspire people with the news of how God is working around the world today. A lover of words, she finally understood the meaning of “overjoyed” when she held her first grandson and that understanding multiplied with her granddaughter’s arrival. Ann is determined to face life’s changes and challenges through the filters of laughter, optimism and faith.
How to follow Ann:
- Her website: writerbrent.wordpress.com
- Facebook: Ann Brent writer (https://www.facebook.com/
pages/Ann-Brent-writer/ 261958373854190 )
- Twitter: @WriterBrent
Here are the details of how to enter the GIVEAWAY!!(each entry needs to be a separate comment on this post):
- Leave a comment on this post. Make sure to leave your email address so that I can contact you.
- Like me on my Facebook page and leave a comment on this post telling me you did. If you already like my page just leave a comment on this post telling me that you do.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook and comment on this post telling me you did.
- Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this post telling me you did. If you already follow me on Twitter just leave a comment on this post telling me that you do.
- Tweet about this giveaway ( I just entered a giveaway hosted by @blackpeppercrn - http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2013/02/book-giveaway/ ) and comment on this post saying you did.
So that means that there is the possibility for each person to have 5 entries for this giveaway, increasing your chances to win!
- The giveaway is open to Canadian and U.S. residents only. Sorry to those who live elsewhere!
- The winner will be chosen by Random.org and I will notify the person by email.
- Contest ends Sunday February 24, 2013 at 11pm EST
Congratulations to Betty for winning this award! I hope you enjoy the book and the cider!!