It is freezing cold up here in Toronto and seems like this winter will never end. The depressing reality is that February has not even arrived yet, so there is still plenty of winter ahead. With that in mind, I am craving food that reminds me of summer. This salad is full of bright and fresh flavors. Arugula is a wonderful green and I love its peppery taste that goes really well with the fresh apple slices. The salty feta and crunchy pine nuts round out this salad. The dressing used is a Roasted Blueberry Vinaigrette and the recipe for that dressing can be found here.
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 2 apples (Royal Gala, Red Delicious, etc.), cored and sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup Roasted Blueberry Vinaigrette (recipe here)
- Place 1 cup of arugula on each place.
- Lay apple slices on the arugula leaves. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.