This is an Indian vegetable dish that is in a spicy sauce. The main vegetable can be almost anything and you can also have a few vegetables in it. My absolute favorite is okra. Also, the fresh cilantro gives the dish a special flavour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp dried chilies (less if you prefer it mild)
- 5-6 cups chopped okra or other vegetables (green beans, peas, cauliflower, carrots, etc.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the oil in a saucepan at medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, stirring often.
- After about 4 minutes, add spices and stir constantly for 1 minute to bring out the flavour.
- Add the okra, tomatoes and cilantro. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15-30 minutes.