Cold spring rolls are a great appetizer. They have fresh taste and the combination of ingredients go so well together.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 8 dried rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup of dried bean vermicelli
- 16 medium cooked shrimp , peeled
- 1 medium carrot , cut into short thin strips
- 1 cucumber , cut into short thin strips
- 2 cups of hot water
- 16 fresh sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of grated lime rind
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves , chopped
- In the hot water, soak the bean vermicelli for 10 minutes and then drain.
- To soften rice paper wrapper, dip into lukewarm water, then place on a work surface.
- Place 2 shrimp in the center of the wrapper and top with 2 basil leaves.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro/mint/lettuce, a few strips of carrot and cucumber, a little lime rind and a small amount of vermicelli.
- Press the filling down to flatten it a little; bring in two sides and roll up.
- Lay seam-side down on a serving plate and sprinkle with a little water.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 3 /4 cup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dried chilies or 2 tbsp fresh chilies , chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro , chopped
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve with spring rolls or anything else that you like to dip