Raita is a yogurt based dip that is quite similar to the Greek tzatziki. It is great as a dip. It is also great to pour some on some of the spicier Indian dishes to ‘tone’ the spice level.
- 1 english cucumber
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch black pepper
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out a lot of the juice out of the cumuber.
- Stir the cucumber with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Serve as a dip or along with other indian food.