Tonight I was wanting a noodle dish that went well with the Beef Satay’s I was making. This is the result. It turned out really well although it was a little too spicy for the kids – they didn’t stop eating it though.
Sweet Chili Thai Noodles
- 1 package of rice noodles (cooked according to instructions on the package)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 carrot , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp slivered ginger root
- 1 or 1/2 tsp dried chilis (hot or medium hot - your choice!)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, heat the oil at medium high.
- Add pepper and carrot. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients (except noodles and cilantro) and stir until a nice sauce forms.
- After 3 or 4 minutes lower heat to a simmer and add the noodles and stir so they are covered well in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.