You may be looking at this picture and thinking – Steve just posted a tomato sandwich? Wow – it has been a slow weekend. Well, it is not so much the sandwich that I wanted to post, it is the garlic brie spread that is on the sandwich that I looked forward to sharing with you. This brie spread has a nice garlicky flavour that goes so nicely with the tomatoes and mini cucumbers. BTW, where did mini cucumbers come from? They seem to have just appeared a few years ago and now are everywhere. Anyway, it has a nice taste on a sandwich like this.
- 1 small brie wheel
- 1 clove garlic , mince
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 4 mini cucumbers , thinly sliced
- 6 slices bread
- Cut the rind off the brie and discard.
- With a mixer, or mortar and pestle mash the brie with the garlic, oil, milk, salt and pepper until a nice smooth paste forms.
- Spread on toast and make sandwiches with the cucumber and tomato