Potatoes are so incredibly versatile and I love making new and simple side dishes with them. Easily one of my favourite ways to cook potatoes is by roasting them.
Whether they are whole, in wedges or cubed, roasting potatoes brings out the best in this vegetable. My favorite way to roast them is by cubing the potatoes. Toss the cubes in an oil and seasoning mixture, lay them on a cookie sheet and bake them 400F for an hour, flipping halfway through.
They come out similar to french fries or hash browns and are crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy in the middle. The seasoning in today’s recipe is tex-mex, which give the potatoes a deep flavour and a hint of heat. They go great with chicken, pork, beef ….. well, pretty much anything!
Other Roasted Potato Recipes
- Herb and Garlic Roasted Roasted Potatoes
- Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- Buffalo Roasted Potato Wedges
Tex-Mex Roasted Potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and cut roughly into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients and spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 1 hour, flipping them halfway through cooking time.