I love almond butter because it is so yummy and quite healthy too. I struggle buying it in the store, since it is quite expensive. Recently, I have come to discover just how easy it is to make almond butter at home.
Homemade almond butter is:
- Easy to make
- Cheaper than buying store bought
- Tastes fresher than store bought
That is a hat-trick of reasons why making almond butter at home is smart. You can make almond butter in a food processor or blender. Low quality machines may struggle, but if you have a high end food processor (Magimix by Robot Coupe) or a Blendtec blender or Vitamix, those will work great!!
Seal the almond butter in a Mason jar or Weck jars, like I have in this picture. This will keep the almond butter fresh for a while!
Homemade Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 cups toasted almonds
- pinch of salt
- Place almonds in a food processor.
- Turn on and let the machine pulse and grind up the almonds. Stop avery couple minutes and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- After around 15 minutes, you will see the oils separating and the consistency will change.
- Continue until the butter is a smooth creamy consistency, about 20-30 minutes.