A year of Christmas baking would not be complete without some chocolate almond bark. A snap to make, but always well received, almond bark is something I always like to keep on hand during the holidays. You never know when there will be a pop in visit from friends and I like to be prepared and ready to bring out a plate of sweets. Whenever I make chocolate bark, I usually make two different kinds. So, be prepared for another recipe tomorrow of a different kind of bark. There is a sneak peak of it in the picture below!
Be prepared that a plate of this stuff will disappear quickly. It is usually the first of my sweets to be finished.
Chocolate Almond Bark
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toasted whole almonds
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Set microwave to 50% power and heat the chocolate for 3-4 minutes. Stir with a spatula until smooth and all the chips are melted.
- Stir in the toasted almonds.
- Spread evenly in the 13x9 pan. Place in the fridge until cool and hard.
- Break into pieces.