There are times when you don’t know what to cook. During those times I look in the fridge or in the pantry and see if I get inspired. This time I looked into the pantry and decided on a soup. Janna liked it and encouraged me to put it on the blog so it is never forgotten. Enjoy!
"What's in the Pantry?" Soup
- 5 pork chops
- 3 cans of beans or veggies (I used a can of chick peas, a can of kidney beans and a can of corn)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 onions , diced
- 6 cloves garlic , diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried chilies
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup macaroni (barley or rice would work too!)
- In a soup pot, add pork chops and bay leaves. Add lots of water (around 10 cups) and bring to a boil, for about an hour, to make a broth.
- Remove pork chops and let cool.
- Add remaining ingredients, except macaroni and parsley.
- Let the soup cook at a low rolling boil for about an hour.
- Take the meat off the pork chops, cutting into small pieces and put back into the soup. Finally, add the macaroni and parsley and cook for another half hour. Serve!