Crock Pot Hash Brown Casserole
Hash brown casserole has been around for years and it is such an easy side dish that goes well with almost anything. To me, hash brown casserole is total comfort food. I love the creaminess and the cheesiness. Sometimes I add a little extra cheese just because cheese is a wonderful thing!
This recipe makes an already easy dish that much simpler. Cooking it in the crock pot means that you can get it started at the beginning of the day and then it is ready by dinner time.
If you are looking for a recipe to make this casserole in the oven, then check out this link: Classic Oven Baked Hash Brown Casserole.
Hash Brown Casserole made in the Crock Pot
- 1 large package of frozen hash browns (about 2 lbs or 1 kg)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream (500ml tub)
- 1 onion , minced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and dump in a Crock Pot slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.