I am always trying to come up with a new side dish and this loaded cauliflower bake is one of my new creations. I have often made a cauliflower casserole with bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese. I have some friends who follow a keto diet, and they raved about it, so I gave the dish a try. Delicious!
This time though, I decided to give the cauliflower a pizza flavour. The cauliflower is coated in pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni, green olives and mozzarella cheese. The casserole is baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
I instantly fell in love with this dish. It totally does taste like pizza.
I know some people who try to stay away from carbs and this is an excellent way to get that pizza flavour without having the crust. Plus with the cauliflower it gives you extra veggies.
Even my kids loved it!!
Boil the cauliflower florets until tender. Drain and place in a casserole dish.
Pour the pizza sauce on top.
Gently toss the cauliflower so that they are evenly coated in the sauce. Make sure that you are careful when turning, since the cauliflower is delicate and can fall apart easily.
Top with the cubed pepperoni and sliced green olives.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
I also saved a little bit of the pepperoni and green olives and put some of them on top of the cheese.
Bake in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Loaded Cauliflower Pizza Style Casserole
- 1 large cauliflower , cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni , diced
- 1/2 cup green olives , sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Boil cut up cauliflower until tender. Drain.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a casserole dish. Pour the pizza sauce on top of the cauliflower florets and gently toss so they are evenly coated in the sauce. Evenly spread the cauliflower in the dish.
- Top with diced pepperoni, green olives and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 400F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the green is melted and starting to bubble.
- Serve hot.