A simple macaroni salad that is perfect for a summer picnic, BBQ, church potluck or family reunion!
With spring here, the weather getting warmer and summer in the near future, I have been looking forward to picnics and having dinner out on our deck. This is the best macaroni salad and perfect for summer.
I love picnic food and one thing that is essential with any good picnic or bbq is some great summer salads. Macaroni salad is an American classic and has been part of many summer bbqs.
Over the years, there have been many different versions of macaroni salad and I do enjoy making something new, modern and fresh. Sometimes though, it is good to go back to the basics.
This macaroni salad is just that, a remembering of an old classic. Elbow macaroni is the perfect size for a salad and there are plenty of fresh cut vegetables in here to give a nice crunch.
The mayo based dressing is simple and uses ingredients you likely have in you kitchen. So, if you want to make that old time classic macaroni salad, give this one a try.
More Salad Ideas
If you are looking for any other salad recipes, check out some of these:
- Fiesta Salad
- Red Potato Bacon and Spinach Salad
- California Pasta Salad
- Bean Salad
- Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad
Classic Macaroni Salad - easy mayo based dressing
- 3 cups dry macaroni / elbow noodles , uncooked
- 1 medium tomato , diced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 2 mini cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber , diced
- 3 celery stalks , diced
- 6 green onions , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Cook noodles according to instructions on package. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked noodles, tomato, pepper, cucumber, celery and scallions.
- In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients to make the dressing. Pour the dressing on the macaroni salad and mix until evenly coated.