Red Potato Bacon and Spinach Salad
This ‘mash up’ salad is like a combination of what is amazing about both potato salad and mixed greens salad. Bright and fresh, this salad is ideal for your next BBQ!
I am not sure what the weather is like where you live but up here the weather has been outstanding over the last number of days. This weather is salad weather and this red potato salad is a great choice. Not only does this have all the flavours of a summer potato salad, but with the spinach and crumbled bacon, this has been ratcheted up to the next level!
The warm weather caused many of us to fire up the grill and hang out on the deck as much as possible. I actually know of some people who went to the beach. That is pushing it for me – it is only May and we are in Canada after all! Regardless, it was great to be outside.
If you are interested in some great grilling recipes to go with this red potato salad then check these out!
I love a nice cold summer salad to go with grilled food and today’s salad is the perfect example. Baby red potatoes are sweet and creamy which make them the perfect ingredient for this salad. Crispy bacon, fresh scallions and spinach round out this salad that is drawn together with a creamy lemon dijon dressing.
Believe me, this red potato salad rocks!
If you have never made your own salad dressing before, this one is very easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought!
Other great salad recipes!
If you are looking for some more summer salad recipes, then check these out.
Red Potato Bacon and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 6 scallions (green onions)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Boil baby red potatoes whole until soft. Cool completely and cut in half.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel to absorb the grease. Once the bacon is cool, cut into slices.
- Cut the scallions into thin slices.
- Combine the potatoes, bacon, scallions with the spinach/arugula.
- Make the dressing by mixing the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix until the dressing coats all of the salad.