Salmon is a wonderful thing! I love salmon done cedar plank style on the bbq. I love salmon baked in the oven. I love salmon sandwiches. One of my favourite restaurants in Markham is called Fire and Ice. I often order the sweet and sour salmon dish when I am there.
I came home one day and decided to make my own recipe. Here it is.
Sweet and Sour Salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large fillets of salmon or 3-4 small fillets , cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger , minced
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 1 bunch green onions , sliced
- 1 can baby corn or oriental vegetables
- 1/2 cup juice (orange, pineapple etc.)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium high heat.
- Add salmon and fry until salmon is cooked through, about 7-9 minutes.
- Remove salmon and keep in a bowl.
- Add ginger, peppers, onions, and baby corn. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl stir remaining ingredients then add them with the vegetables.
- Stir and then add salmon. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve on rice.