Sometimes leftovers can be as enjoyable as on the first day!
Sometimes they can even be better!
Last week I shared a delicious recipe for Sesame Asian Beef Skewers. For that recipe, I made my first video tutorial and posted it up on youtube. The link for that video is here. In preparation for that video I prepped and grilled tons of the skewers. We ate them straight up the first two days and they are totally amazing like that. But on day 3, I knew that innovation was necessary. Since I always love a good sandwich, I figured that was the way to go.
This sandwich reminds me of a Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, and those are amazing. This sandwich was awesome! The Asian slaw goes so well with the sesame beef and the wasabi mayo is creamy with a great kick. This sandwich is so incredible that I may be making more of those beef skewers just so that I can make these again!
- 6-8 Sesame Beef Skewers
- 4 sliced buns
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup thinly slice carrot
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp wasabi powder
- Make the beef skewers according the the recipe found in the link below. Remove beef from the skewers.
- Make the wasabi mayo by mixing the wasabi powder and water to form a paste. Mix into the mayo until smooth.
- Make the asian slaw by mixing together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the cabbage and carrots until evenly coated.
- Assemble the sandwiches by putting an equal amount of beef and slaw on each bun. Spread on some wasabi mayo.