The other day, I got a new vegetable slicer and I have been slicing up any vegetable I have in the fridge ever since. I had a bunch of beets in the crisper and remembered tasting beet chips a long time ago. Thin, crispy, sweet and salty, beet chips are a great healthy snack.
To make sure that you do not have purple stained hands when working with beets, peel them under cold water. I sliced them 1/16 inch thick which, after baking, created the perfect crispy beet chip. They were baked low and slow so that they dry out. Serve them with buttermilk ranch dressing.
- 4-6 beets, small or medium size
- cooking spray (ie: Pam)
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Peel the beets under cold water.
- Slice the beets into 1/16 inch slices using a food slicer or mandoline.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Lay beets out on the parchment paper. Spray the tops of the beets lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until the they dry out and are crispy, about 45-60 minutes.