We love this jelly on crackers with a bit of cream cheese. This jelly is not too hot, but if you would like it to be spicier substitute more jalapeno peppers for the green peppers.
Easy to make Jalapeno Jelly recipe that is great with crackers and cream cheese. Simple jam preserves.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 250 ml jars
- 13 Jalapeno peppers , tops cut off
- 1 green bell pepper , cored
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 packages (85 ml [3 fl oz]) liquid certo (pectin)
- green food colouring (optional)
- Place all the peppers in a food processor and puree the peppers with 1/2 cup vinegar.
- Transfer mixture to a large pot.
- Add remaining 1 cup vinegar and sugar.
- Heat to boiling and continue to boil for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add pectin and continue cooking at a rolling boil for another 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Skim any foam which accumulates at the top.
- Remove from stove element.
- Add food coloring, if using.
- While the jelly is still hot, ladle it into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Screw on lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.