Gazpacho is a Spanish soup made with tomatoes and other vegetables. A significant difference of gazpacho compared to other soups is that it is traditionally served chilled. This gazpacho juice recipe is similar to the soup in many ways, although it may be a little thinner in consistency. Gazpacho juice is both delicious and incredibly healthy. It can also be used as a base for a bloody mary or served, in shot glasses, as an appetizer for a tapas party.
This juice has an explosion of health benefits, including high levels of vitamin A and C, helping the skin and the immune system. Tomatoes also contain lycopene that have strong cancer fighting benefits.
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 2-3 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 lemon
- Small handful fresh basil (about 6-10 leaves)
- Wash all the vegetables. Roughly chop the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Seed and chop the peppers.
- Peel the lemon and cut into quarters
- Juice the tomatoes, followed by the basil and then the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and serve chilled.