With May coming to a close, that means some of the first crops are not too far away in Ontario. I love how strawberries become available so early in the summer season. There is nothing like going out and picking fresh Ontario strawberries. They are packed with sweetness and flavor.
Pineapple is a fruit that goes very well with strawberries and this juice has the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It is very easy to make and includes only three ingredients. The few leaves of fresh mint give the juice a burst of cool flavor.
This juice is packed with vitamin C and other nutrients. Both strawberries and pineapple promote bone health and alleviate arthritis.
Strawberry Pineapple Juice
- 450 grams (16 oz) fresh strawberries
- 1/2 whole pineapple
- Small handful fresh mint (about 6-10 leaves)
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries in half.
- Carve the outer husk off the pineapple and prepare half of the pineapple for juicing. Chop the pineapple into wedges.
- Juice the strawberries, followed by the mint and then the pineapple.
- Mix well and serve chilled.