A canape is a bite size appetizer that is usually prepared in advance and is decorative. If you ever go to a party or reception where servers are walking around with bite size hors d’oeuvres, then you have had canapes.
Chicken Tomato and Bocconcini Canape
A tasty bite sized appetizer recipe made with roasted chicken, sliced bocconcini cheese, roma tomatoes and fresh basil, then drizzled with honey mustard.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 16 canapés
- 16 round crackers or melba toast
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 roasted chicken breast
- 6 bocconcini
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- honey mustard
- Slice the plum tomatoes into 6 slices. Discard the 2 outside ends. This should give you 16 round slices.
- Slice the chicken breast so that you get 16 equal sized slices.
- Slice the bocconcini into three equal round pieces.
- Assemble each canape in this order: cracker, basil leaf, tomato, chicken, honey mustard, bocconcini.