Without question this is the salad that I make more frequently than any other. We love vegetables so this is a family favourite. It is healthy and can feed a good crowd.
Traditional Greek Salad
Traditional Greek salad with a simple to make homemade dressing.
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 english cucumber chopped
- 1 green pepper cored and diced
- 1 orange pepper cored and diced
- 1 red pepper cored and diced
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Let the dressing marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop up vegetables into large pieces.
- Stir the salad dressing in a large bowl with the vegetables, feta and olives.
- Let the salad marinate at least 1 hour before serving.