A very popular dish in the Middle East, hummus is now all the rage in North America. In supermarkets you pay $3 for a small container. It is about 1/4 the price to make it yourself and it is a breeze! It is healthy and we love it as a snack (even the boys love it – Ben says it is like peanut butter)
- 1 can chick peas , drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup water (approx.)
- Add all ingredients except water to a food processor.
- Blend and add the water slowly.
- Stop when the hummus is smooth.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, etc.