I am always looking for a unique way to cook vegetables. This is a great broccoli dish. If you omit the red pepper flakes it is more of a sesame teriyaki dish while the including them gives it the szechwan flavour.
- 2 heads of broccoli cut up
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 tsp ginger , minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (can substitute with red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (vary depending on what level of heat you want)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Steam broccoli and set aside.
- In a wok or large fry pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and stir to cover the broccoli in sauce.
- Serve immediately.