Anytime I watch a sporting event, movie or TV show, I love to have some salty snacks. Not much is better than Bits and Bites. Every handful is different and I love the mixture of tastes and textures. Making Bits an Bites is actually very easy and this recipe makes a MASSIVE batch. I mix them and bake them in a large turkey roasting pan. This recipe is also great to switch up ingredients with other stuff.
My Bits and Bites mixture included:
- Mini Ritz crackers
- Cheese Bits
Here are some other options:
- Goldfish crackers
- corn chips
- Crunchy Cheetos
- Life cereal
After it is baked, try throwing in some M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, beer nuts or raisins for some sweetness.
- 1 (225g) box Cheese Bits (Cheese Nips or Goldfish crackers)
- 1 (225g) box Mini Ritz Crackers
- 6 cups Cheerios Cereal
- 6 cups Shreddies Cereal
- 6 cups pretzels
- 2 (1 pound) cups butter, melted
- ⅓ cups Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Mix Cheese Bits, Mini Ritz, Cheerios, Shreddies and pretzels together in a large roasting pan (the kind used for turkey or large roast beef).
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl until well mixed. Pour the butter mixture over the bits and bites. Using a wooden spoon, mix well to make sure all the bits and bites are coated in the butter mixture. Sometimes there are some that stick in the corners or bottom and do not get coated. Be sure to stir into the bottom of the pan and draw them up.
- Bake in the oven for about 2 hours. Stir the bits and bites every 15 minutes, pulling the ones at the bottom up to the top. After the 2 hours, the moisture should all be gone. If not and some of the pieces are still moist, bake another 15-30 minutes.
- Once cool, bag and seal the bits and bites so they stay fresh and crispy.