There are only a few more posts in 24 Days of Christmas Baking marathon. I am running low on freezer space. Imagine a large chest freezer more than half full of Christmas baking!! Since I am almost done this year’s Christmas baking I was looking at some leftover ingredients that I have in my pantry.
Today’s post is a cookie I came up with for the sole purpose of using up my extra supplies. The cookie is a basic chocolate fudge cookie with a bunch of ingredients tossed in. I had a 1/2 cup of Skor bits from the Skor Toffee squares. There were some leftover butterscotch chips from the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. I also had some extra chopped walnuts from the Bird’s Nests cookies.
This cookie was thrown together, like an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink cookie. It turned out incredible!!! So chocolately with the taste of toffee and butterscotch and the crunch of nuts. This cookie is a winner. You could make this recipe following the ingredients exactly or substitute the chips, Skor bits and nuts with so many other options. Some ideas are: chopped up Reese peanut butter cups, chopped up Kraft caramels, chocolate chunks, dried cherries, nuts of any kind, and so much more!
Melt the chocolate squares in a saucepan. Once melted, stir in the butter until it melts. Remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Mix in the cocoa powder flour. Stir in the butterscotch chips, skor toffee bits and walnuts. Drop on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes
Butterscotch Toffee Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 8 oz of semisweet chocolate baking squares
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup Skor toffee bits
- 2/3 cups chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate squares. Use medium low heat to ensure the chocolate does not scald. Add the butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour until smooth.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, Skor toffee bits and walnuts.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.