I have been food blogging for almost a year now and in that time I have bought so many plates, bowls, trays, cups, etc. that I wanted for photos. In our storage area, under the stairs in the basement, I have started to fill up a shelf with so many single dishes, placemats, cloth napkins and more!
If you are a food blogger, I imagine you can likely relate. You can only show food on the same plate so many times before it gets old and boring! Sometimes you need a fresh look. Well it happened again last week. I was in a store the other day and saw this fun french fry cone holder with paper cone liners.
I had to buy it.
These sweet potato fries are the perfect side dish, or appetizer, and they look great in this fry cone. I felt like I was at a restaurant!
The ranch dressing is mixed with sriracha sauce to give it a nice spicy kick, which is wonderfully offset with the sweetness of the fries.
These fries are oven baked in a light coating of oil. So, if you are looking for a nice, light and healthy snack, you can’t go wrong with these guys! Problem is, you will not want to stop eating them!!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven at 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix the ranch dressing with the sriracha sauce. Add more sriracha if you want it spicier. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into french fry sized sticks. Toss in the oil, chili powder and salt. Spread on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the fries for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve the sweet potato fries with the spicy ranch.