My kids are big eaters and anytime they come home from school, they are wanting to dig in to some food. There are also lots of times that they have friends over, gaming in the basement. The pack of them will all come into the kitchen hungry, looking for something to eat. I like to have some snack ideas on hand, exactly for these times.
All teens like bacon cheeseburgers right?!? Well this recipe is able to make 12 mini bacon cheeseburger sliders all at once. It is super simple to make and is exactly the type of snack that will satisfy my hungry kids and their friends.
Not only are these sliders great for the kids, adults love them as well. I like to have these prepped prior to watching a football game. Then, they just need to be thrown into the oven.
I love making sliders, using 12 pack dinner rolls. They are so many brands and varieties of these with the King Hawaiian brand being very popular. Most of the time I purchase the pack of rolls sold at Walmart. I also have a couple other recipes using these dinner rolls. Check out these links!
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – these are reminiscent of a Cuban sandwich.
- Big Mac Sliders – these are bite sized mini Big Macs and they are so delicious!
First thing I did was brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Make sure to crumble the beef with a wooden spoon.
Once the beef is fully cooked and the onion soft, drain the grease out of the skillet. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in with the cooked beef and onions.
Keep the dinner rolls together and slice them all in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a greased baking pan.
Spread the beef mixture evenly on the bottom half of the dinner rolls.
Lay cheese slices on the beef mixture.
Spread the bacon crumbles all over the cheese.
Evenly place the pickles on top of the bacon.
Place the upper half of the dinner rolls on top and brush them with melted butter. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Now they are ready to go in the oven!!
Place some foil over the sliders and bake in a 325F oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes.
Cut them into sliders and serve warm.
These sliders taste just like a bacon cheeseburger that you could get at a fast food burger joint.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 package 12 pack dinner rolls ex. Kings Hawaiian
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion minced
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 cheese slices
- 10 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup bread and butter pickle slices
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and the onions until the beef is fully cooked and the onions are transparent. Drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in with the cooked beef and onions.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Keeping the 12 dinner rolls together, cut them lengthwise. Place bottom half in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Evenly spread the ground beef mixture all over the bottom half of the dinner rolls. Lay cheese slices on top of the ground beef. Evenly place pickles on top of the cheese.
- Place the top half of the dinner rolls on top. Brush melted butter on the top of the dinner rolls. Sprinkle rolls with toasted sesame seeds.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake of another 10-15 minutes. The buns should be starting to brown and the cheese melted and bubbling on the sides.
- Cut into sliders and serve warm.