This smoothie makes the perfect drink to start the day and it is also an excellent choice for that mid-day snack.
Our family loves smoothies and I try to have some frozen fruit in the freezer all the time, so that whenever we get that smoothie craving, we have the needed ingredients. This frozen fruit smoothie is refreshing and healthy!
- Frozen Fruit – This recipe includes frozen strawberries, pineapple, peaches, honeydew melon, cherries and blueberries. You can easily use more or less based on preference.
- Chia Seeds – This increases fibre and has many other benefits.
- Cashews – Adding some nuts will actually give a little creaminess to the smoothie. You could also use almonds or other nut.
- Whey Protein Powder – Boost the amount of protein by adding a scoop of this powder to the smoothie.
- Water – This will help thin the smoothie
Expert Tip! Feel free to add some other ingredients like milk, yogurt, oats and more. You could also add some cinnamon.
How To Make A Smoothie
Making a smoothie is as simple as adding everything to a blender and turning it on until smooth. With frozen fruit, it is important to add water to help the blender break down the frozen fruit. If needed, add more water until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
Expert Tip! Start on low speed with the blender and slowly increase until the speed is high enough to blend the fruit to a creamy puree/smoothie texture. Using a quality blender that can crush ice will blend this smoothie in less than a minute.
If you are looking for some more smoothie recipes, then check out these ideas.
Expert Tip! A good quality blender is an excellent addition to any home kitchen. It can be used in many ways making everything from cake batters, soups, vinaigrettes, nut butters, curry pastes, smoothies and more.
Frozen Fruit Salad Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen honeydew melon , cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries , pitted
- 1/3 cup frozen peaches , sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple , cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 serving unflavoured whey protein powder
- 5 raw cashews
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in the blender jar in the order listed above.
- Secure the lid.
- Set the speed control to the lowest speed and turn the blender on.
- Slowly increase the speed to the highest setting and blend for about 1 minute.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, add a little extra water and blend for another 20 seconds.