A good quality blender is an excellent addition to any home kitchen. It can be used in many ways making everything from cake batters, soups, vinaigrettes, nut butters, curry pastes, smoothies and more. Our family loves smoothies and I try to have some frozen fruit in the freezer all the time, so that whenever we get that smoothie craving, we have the needed ingredients. Throwing in a few raw cashews and chia seeds ups the ‘health factor’ for this smoothie and makes it the perfect drink to start the day. This is also an excellent choice for that mid-day snack. Adding some water to the blender jar with the frozen fruit helps the blender thin out the smoothie. Add a little extra if a thinner consistency is desired.
Frozen Fruit Salad Smoothie
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen honeydew melon , cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen sweet cherries , pitted
- 1/3 cup frozen peaches , sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple , cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 serving unflavoured whey protein powder
- 5 raw cashews
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in the blender jar in the order listed above.
- Secure the lid.
- Set the speed control to the lowest speed and turn the blender on.
- Slowly increase the speed to the highest setting and blend for about 1 minute.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, add a little extra water and blend for another 20 seconds.