I love Greek food. I love the flavours in Greek cuisine: garlic, lemon, oregano and olive oil. They are bright, fresh and are great any time of year.
Today’s recipe is tzatziki, which is a yogurt and cucumber based dip popular as an appetizer with bread or pitas. Tzatziki also is great as an accompaniment to souvlaki.
Here are a few other Greek recipes that would go very well with this tzatziki.
- 2 cups plain yogurt (use greek yogurt if a thicker tzatziki is desired)
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill , finely chopped
- Peel the english cucumber. Grate the cucumber and, using your hands, squeeze as much of the juice from the grated cucumber as possible. Discard the juice and the peel.
- Mix the grated cucumber with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the tzatziki in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- Serve as an appetizer with bread or pita or as an accompaniment with souvlaki