Here is my second recipe for the Hidden Valley Ranch recipe competition. This time I used Hidden Valley Ranch as part of the marinade for the tandoori chicken. Typically, when making tandoori chicken, the meat is marinated in a mixture of tandoori spices and yogurt. I substituted the yogurt for Hidden Valley Original Ranch and it worked out great. The chicken has a great flavor and is balanced with the fresh tomatoes and lettuce in the wrap.
Tandoori Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing , divided
- 3 tbsp lemon juice , divided
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 inch piece ginger , peeled
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro , minced
- 4-8 Romaine or other lettuce leaves
- 4 large wraps
- Using a food processor, pulse the 3/4 cup Hidden Valley Ranch, 2 tbsp lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, and ginger. Pulse it until it is a smooth paste, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place the cubed chicken in a large bowl. Pour in the paste mixture. Toss so that the chicken is evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Heat grill to high heat. Place chicken skewers on grill and cook for about 8 minutes. Flip and cook another 8 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the grill.
- In a bowl, toss the diced tomato, green onion, cilantro and remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Remove chicken from the skewers.
- Assemble the wraps by placing 1 or 2 lettuce leaves, meat from one skewer, 2 to 3 tablespoons of the tomato mixture and some of the remaining Hidden Valley Ranch in each wrap.
- Serve immediately.