This smoky cheesy dip is great served both warm or cold! Perfect for dipping crackers, pita, tortilla chips and more.
It is Super Bowl week and that means we need some good snacks to go with the game. Chicken wings, nachos, pizza, and chili are always a hit. One other appetizer I love to have while watching some football is a dip. This bacon cheddar dip is perfect for any Super Bowl party.
Dips are an essential part of any party snack menu for me. This dip is creamy and cheesy with some serious kick from the chipotle peppers. I used canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and depending on your preference for heat, you can increase or decrease the amount of peppers and tablespoons of the adobo sauce. I used 2 peppers and 2 tablespoons of the sauce, and while it did give a decent amount of heat, everyone in the family was still able to eat the dip.
With the mindset that everything is better with bacon, I cooked 10 bacon strips and then crumbled them to mix into the dip. Along with the bacon, I also added some sliced green onions which gives some nice zing and added texture to the dip.
Warm or Cold!
This is a dip that tastes great both hot or cold. Either way works
- If you plan to serve this cheddar cheese dip cold, then once you mix the ingredients together, store it in a sealed container in the fridge. Then, spoon it into a bowl when it is time to serve.
- For a warm dip, all you need to do is spoon the dip into an oven safe bowl and heat in a 325F oven until warm. Stir it a couple of times while it is in the oven to mix up the melted cheese.
Serve both the cold or warm dip next to a bowl of crackers, toasted baguettes, tortilla chips or something else for scooping. Be prepared, this dip will get gobbled up very quickly!
Other Great Dip Recipes
If you like this bacon cheddar dip and are interested in some more tasty recipes, then check these out!
Super Bowl Snack Ideas
If you are planning a Super Bowl party, then take a look at these recipe round ups.
Bacon Chipotle Cheddar Dip
- 1 package cream cheese , (8oz/227g brick)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 8 green onions , thinly sliced
- 10 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- In a food processor, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, grated cheddar, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce until smooth and the peppers are blended into the cheeses and sour cream.
- Dump cheese mixture into a bowl and stir in the sliced green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Serve crackers, toasted baguettes or tortilla chips.