Cold spring rolls are a great appetizer. They have fresh taste and the combination of ingredients go so well together.
Cold Spring Rolls
- 10 dried rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup of dried bean vermicelli cooked according to package and cooled to room temperature.
- 10 medium cooked shrimp peeled and halved
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into short thin strips
- 1 english cucumber cut into short thin strips
- 2 mangos peeled, pitted and cut into short thing strips
- 20 fresh mint leaves or sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of grated lime rind
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves , chopped
- To soften rice paper wrapper, dip into lukewarm water, then place on a work surface.
- Place 2 basil/mint leaves and 2 shrimp halves in the center of the wrapper.
- Place a small handful of the vermicelli noodles on top of the shrimp. Add a few strips of carrot, cucumber and mango with a little bit of fresh cilantro.
- Press the filling down to flatten it a little and then roll up the spring roll.
- Lay seam-side down on a serving plate and sprinkle with a little water.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.