Maple Pecan Tassies
Similar to butter tarts, these have maple syrup and pecans to make up the filling. These mini tart tassies are simple to make and delicious.
Tassies are the perfect bite size tart and I make at least two kinds of them every year. The pastry is super easy using only four ingredients: butter, cream cheese, flour and salt. It is so easy to make this pastry that it is impossible to mess it up!
Butter tart tassies are a classic for us and I decided to bring a little Canadian flair to them by using maple syrup instead of corn syrup. Maple syrup has such a distinct taste and I love almost anything with maple flavour: cookies, pancakes, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls – oh yeah – I am hungry after typing those examples!
Maple Pecan Tassies
Maple syrup and pecans make up the filling in these mini tarts tassies that are simple and delicious. Cream cheese and butter pastry.
Servings: 48 tassies
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat 1 cup butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth and creamy and there are no white chunks of cream cheese visible.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt with the electric mixer on low speed until combined. Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Shape dough into 48 balls. Press each ball evenly into the bottoms and up the sides of two ungreased 24 cup mini muffin trays.
- With an electric mixer beat the melted butter with the brown sugar and maple syrup. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the pecans.
- Spoon into the tassie cups so that they are close to 3/4 full. If you fill it more than that there is a chance it will overflow when baking.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
Calories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 82mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6g