Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast , cubed
- 2 broccoli bunches , cut into large pieces
- 2 red peppers , cut large pieces
- 1 large sweet onion , cut into large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a little water
- In a large and deep frying pan fry the cubed chicken breast in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Cook at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- When fully cooked remove from pan.
- Add the other tbsp of oil and add broccoli, peppers, onion and garlic.
- While cooking the vegetables you may need to add a little water to the pan to help 'steam' the vegetable and prevent them from burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the orange juice and hoisin sauce together in a separate bowl.
- Once the vegetables have cooked about 5-7 minutes, add the chicken, cashews and sauce.
- Cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve with rice.