Mahi Mahi are ocean fish and have a similar texture to tuna or swordfish.
Mahi Mahi in a Tomato and Basil Sauce
A great recipe for Mahi Mahi that even non fish lovers will enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 4 stalks celery , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 pounds Mahi Mahi fillets (about 4 fillets)
- 1 can ground tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (soya sauce if you don't have fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a large skillet, at medium high heat. saute the onions, celery, and garlic.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mahi mahi and cook for about 10 minutes, turning to cook through.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Set heat to low and simmer for another 15 minutes.