I buy the 12 pack of dinner rolls all the time. They are so many brands and varieties of these with the King Hawaiian brand being very popular. Most of the time I purchase the pack of rolls sold at Walmart. The kids love them and they are a great bun to have alongside a dinner meal.
These packs of dinner rolls are awesome to make into sliders and this recipe is super simple to make. While the recipe uses ham and summer sausage for the lunchmeat, there are so many options and you could substitute any lunchmeat really. The same goes with the cheese and pickles, feel free to mix it up with whatever variety you like.
The sliders are built together, baked in a glass baking dish, and then cut into the sliders afterwards. These warm, cheesy sliders are so delicious and will be gobbled up really quickly.
I also have a couple other recipes using these dinner rolls. Check out these links!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders – mini burgers packed with bacon and very cheesy.
- Big Mac Sliders – these are bite sized mini Big Macs and they are so delicious!
You can build these ahead of time and place them in the fridge for later in the day when you want to bake them. Do not brush them with the melted butter and mustard mixture until they are about to be baked in the oven.
Keep the dinner rolls together and slice them all in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a greased baking pan.
Lay the summer sausages evenly on top of the ham.
Lay the ham slices evenly across the dinner rolls.
Spread the grated cheese on top of the lunchmeat.
Lay the sliced bread and butter pickles on the cheese.
Place the upper half of the dinner rolls on top.
Brush the melted butter mixture on top of the dinner rolls.
Place some foil over the sliders and bake in a 325F oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bak another 10-15 minutes.
Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
- 1 package 12 pack dinner rolls (ex. Kings Hawaiian)
- 14-18 slices black forest ham lunchmeat
- 14-18 slices summer sausage lunchmeat
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bread and butter pickle slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp creole mustard (or dijon)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Keeping the 12 dinner rolls together, cut them lengthwise. Place bottom half in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Lay summer sausage slices evenly across the bottom half of the dinner rolls. Continue with layers of ham, grated cheese and pickles. Place the top half of the dinner rolls on top.
- Whisk together the melted butter, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Brush this butter mixture on the top of the dinner rolls.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake of another 10-15 minutes. The buns should be starting to brown and the cheese melted and bubbling on the sides.
- Cut into sliders and serve warm.