I am totally hooked on making a tray of baked sliders. These are warm gooey filled goodness inside toasted dinner rolls. Baked sliders are great for after school snacks, game day parties, holidays and so much more.
The sliders are built together, baked in a glass baking dish, and then cut into the sliders afterwards. These warm, cheesy sliders are so delicious and will be gobbled up really quickly.
I have made many different kinds of sliders and enjoy trying to make a new type. These chicken parmesan sliders have an Italian flavour to them. The chicken is made ahead in a slow cooker with some pasta sauce and then shredded. Once assembled and baked, these sliders are completely addictive!
To make these sliders, I use 12 pack dinner rolls. They are so many brands and varieties of these with the King Hawaiian brand being very popular. Most of the time I purchase the pack of rolls sold at Walmart. I also have a some other recipes using these dinner rolls. Check out these links!
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – these are reminiscent of a Cuban sandwich.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders – mini burgers packed with bacon and very cheesy.
- Big Mac Sliders – these are bite sized mini Big Macs and they are so delicious!
- Ham and Pineapple Hawaiian Sliders – these sliders taste just like a Hawaiian pizza.
To make the shredded chicken parmesan, place the boneless and skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot and pour a can of tomato pasta sauce on the chicken. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once done cooking, the chicken should be easily able to shred. Use a fork to break the chicken apart and shred into small strips.
Once shredded, stir it to ensure the chicken is evenly coated in the sauce.
Keep the dinner rolls together and slice them all in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a greased baking pan.
Evenly spread the shredded chicken on top of the dinner roll bottoms.
Top with grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Lay the top of the dinner rolls on top.
Brush the rolls with the melted garlic butter mixture.
Preheat the oven for 325F.
Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. The foil keeps the top of the buns from getting to browned and crisp.
Once they have baked for the first 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before cutting into sliders.
These sliders are addictive and best served warm.
This recipe makes a tray of 12 sliders, but trust me when I say that they will get gobbled up very quickly.
Shredded Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 can tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 package 12 pack dinner rolls ex. Kings Hawaiian
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry parsley flakes
- Place chicken breasts in a crock pot and pour tomato pasta sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken and make sure it is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Keeping the 12 dinner rolls together, cut them lengthwise. Place bottom half in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread the shredded chicken on the bottom half of dinner rolls. Top with grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan on top of the shredded chicken. Place the top half of the dinner rolls on top.
- Whisk together the melted butter, parmesan, garlic powder and parsley. Brush this butter mixture on the top of the dinner rolls.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake of another 10-15 minutes. The buns should be starting to brown and the cheese melted and bubbling on the sides.
- Cut into sliders and serve warm.