This candy treat is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! Dark chocolate bark with green apple jelly beans and gold circle sprinkles that look like coins. It looks just like a leprechaun’s treasure.
Even though I am not Irish, I love St. Patrick’s Day. We make all sorts of Irish themed dishes leading up to and on March 17th, including everything from main dishes to desserts.
This leprechaun chocolate bark is perfect holiday sweet treat with the colour of green and the gold coin looking sprinkles!
Other St. Patrick’s Day Recipes!
This Leprechaun Chocolate Bark is a great way to celebrate March 17th. Here are some other fun and delicious recipes for St. Patrick’s Day.
Any time that I am making a candy bark, I like to get all the supplies out and ready to go. The local bulk food store is a great place to get chocolate candy melts and any toppings, like sprinkles, jelly beans and other stuff.
The toppings for this leprechaun chocolate bark is very simple. I picked up some green apple jelly beans and these gold circle sprinkles that look just like gold coins. Perfect for the theme of this St. Patrick’s Day candy treat!
How to Melt Chocolate in a Microwave?
The microwave is a simple way to melt chocolate candy melts. Put them in a glass bowl set the microwave 50% power. After the candy melts have cooked for 2 minutes, take the bowl out of the microwave and stir with a rubber spatula.
Put the bowl back in the microwave and cook, at 50% power for 2 more minutes. Stir again with the rubber spatula until it is smooth and creamy. There might be a few little hard bits throughout, but I find waiting a little bit and stirring some more, should cause them to melt.
How to Make the Bark
- Use a 17×12 or 18×13 sized baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Pour the melted dark chocolate and spread evenly across the parchment paper.
- It is okay if there are some small ripples or ridges in the chocolate bark. That actually gives the bark some texture and character.
- Melt the green candy melts in a smaller glass bowl in the same way as the dark chocolate. Drizzle it in streaks across the dark chocolate.
- Do the same with the white candy melts. Use a rubber spatula or spoon to drizzle the melted white candy melts all over. It does not need to be neat. In fact, the messy look actually makes it seem more fun!
Place the jelly beans and gold circle sprinkles all over the melted bark. If the bark has already hardened, fear not! Check out this tip.
By the time that the white and green melts have been drizzled on the bark, you may find that the dark chocolate has already hardened. If that is the case, the jelly beans and sprinkles will not stick to the bark.
You can quickly melt the chocolate again, by placing the baking sheet in a 350F oven for about 30 to 60 seconds. Now you can spread the jelly beans and sprinkles all over.
Let the leprechaun chocolate bark harden completely before breaking into chunks. I love that the bark naturally breaks into different shapes and sizes.
This is great to have for a snack at home. It is also perfect as a gift, or to bring to work for others to enjoy!
Other Bark Recipes!
Over the years, I have made many different types of bark with seasoning colours and toppings. Check out these candy bark recipes!
- Easter Dark Chocolate Bark
- Easter Candy Bark
- Halloween Candy Corn Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- White Chocolate Cherry and Hazelnut Bark
Leprechaun Chocolate Bark
- 3 cups dark chocolate candy melts or chips
- 1/2 cup green candy melts
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 1 cup green jelly beans
- 3 tbsp gold circle sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet (17x12 or 18x13 inch) with parchment paper.
- Place dark chocolate melts in a large glass bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through. If the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave a little longer.
- Spread the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper that is on the baking sheet.
- Place green candy melts in a large glass bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through. If it is not completely melted, microwave a little longer. Drizzle the green candy melts all over the dark chocolate.
- Place white candy melts in a large glass bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through. If it is not completely melted, microwave a little longer. Drizzle the white candy melts all over the dark chocolate.
- Evenly spread the jelly beans and sprinkles across the melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to chill and harden. Break into chunks.