Ramekins are perfect for individual portions of many different dishes and today I am excited to share my mac n cheese ramekin recipe with you.
Man n cheese is down home comfort food and it makes you feel all warm and cozy. These little ramekins are ideal for individual servings of mac n cheese.
I love the whole experience – I hold the ramekin as I scoop some out and I feel the warmth of it since it just came out of the oven. I scoop in and get a large spoonful of cheesy goodness. Along with the cheesy inside there is this crunchy and crumbly topping that might even be the best part of the dish.
Amazing I tell you!!
I need to admit that the photos you see are of 6 ramekins and the recipe is for four. I have a family of five and my brother in law lives with us so four of anything doesn’t work.
But, I figured that most people would look for a recipe of four, so I built the recipe that way.
Mac n Cheese Ramekins
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Cook the macaroni according to packaged instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until smooth. This creates a roux. Continue to whisk it for a minute.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the milk. Once smooth add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the macaroni with the cheese sauce until all the noodles are covered are evenly coated in some sauce.
- Grease 4 ramekins. Scoop the mac and cheese equally among the ramekins.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter and bread crumbs together until there is a dry and crumbly texture. Stir in the 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and parsley. Spread the crumb topping evenly across the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 12-14 minutes.