Cauliflower steaks make great pizza crust! Top with pizza sauce and your favourite pizza toppings like pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and more.
My family loves it anytime we have homemade pizzas. I often make mini pizzas using naan bread, pitas, or mini pizza crusts. Another option for mini pizza is by using cauliflower. There are many different cauliflower pizza crust recipes, but making a crust out of a thick slice of cauliflower works so very well. It is easy and tastes amazing!
Preparing cauliflower steak pizza is a delicious version of a pizza and an excellent option for people looking for gluten free or keto diet recipe ideas.
Roasted cauliflower steaks are a great way to prepare and cook this vegetable. It is simple and delicious. Turning these steaks into mini pizzas is amazing and ideal for people on keto or gluten free diets.
How to roast cauliflower steaks
- The first step is to slice the cauliflower into steaks. Cut them lengthwise into 3/4 inch thick slices. Be very careful to keep the ‘steak’ together. Since cauliflowers have all sorts of different floret patterns, some slice easier than others.
- Place each slice of cauliflower onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush them with some oil and sprinkle with some salt.
- Bake the cauliflower slices into a 400F oven for about 20 minutes. They should be tender when poked with a fork and starting to brown around the edges.
- These cauliflower steaks are delicious and great served just like this as a side dish.
How to make these mini keto style pizzas
Making mini pizzas out of cauliflower steaks works extremely well and flavour is so good.
- After the cauliflower has been roasted spread a little pizza sauce across the top of the steaks.
- Sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese on top followed by pepperoni slices, diced onions and peppers, followed by a little more cheese. These pizzas can be varied by using many different toppings. Bacon, ham, olives and so much more are all great options.
- Place the baking sheet back in the 400F oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes. The cheese should be melted, the veggies tender and the pepperoni starting to crisp around the edges.
Serve these cauliflower steak pizzas while they are still warm. Don’t be surprised to see these get gobbled up very quickly. They taste so good and are such a great way to make pizza without a traditional crust.
Other pizza recipe ideas
I love pizza flavours and here are a number of pizza and pizza inspired recipes!
Cauliflower Steak Pizzas
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups pepperoni slices
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper , diced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise, into 3/4 inch thick steaks. Place 4 cauliflower steaks onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush them with oil and season with salt.
- Bake the cauliflower in a 400F oven for about 20 minutes. The cauliflower should be fork tender and starting to brown around the edges.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven. Spread some pizza sauce on each cauliflower steak. Top with mozzarella, pepperoni, onion and pepper.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 10-15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni stating to brown and crip.