A refreshing frappe that is creamy and perfect for summer. Made with real vanilla beans and cream.
I love getting the frozen drinks at Starbucks and the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino is one of my favorites. It tastes like a vanilla ice cream smoothie. They are very expensive at Starbucks, but they are very easy to make at home. Using only 4 ingredients (one being ice), this recipe is a snap to make and you will be amazed at how close this copycat recipe is to the Starbucks iced vanilla bean frappe. This frappe does not have coffee so it is caffeine free.
These vanilla frappes are perfect for those hot summer days when you want something cool and refreshing. I love the creamy flavour with the taste of real vanilla bean.
I try to always have vanilla beans on hand. The taste is so much better than artificial vanilla. Here are some other ways that I use real vanilla beans.
Other Frozen Drink Recipes
Frozen drinks are so refreshing during the hot months of summer. Here are some other great recipes.
- Dulce de Leche Frappe
- Black Cherry Milkshake Smoothie
- Green Tea Milkshake
- Frozen Fruit Salad Smoothie
Vanilla Bean Frappe
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup 10% cream (half and half)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Add ice cubes, cream and sugar to blender or smoothie machine capable of crushing ice.
- Cut the half vanilla bean down the middle and scrape the all the inner seeds out. Add the seeds to the blender.
- Blend until all the ice is crushed and the frappe is a smooth slushie type consistency.
- Serve cold.