It is Super Bowl week!
I love football, so Super Bowl is easily one of my favourite sporting events of the year. Usually I do not have a vested interest who wins, but this year, my team is playing in the big game! I have been an Atlanta Falcons fan for years – well decades. The only other time that Atlanta played in the Super Bowl was in 1998. I remember that game very well, and the Falcons lost to Jim Kelly and the Denver Broncos. This year, Atlanta is playing another incredible quarterback in Tom Brady, but I hope that they come out victorious!
Watching the Super Bowl requires some good snacks to go with the game, and this week we have you covered. The Black Peppercorn is going to spend the week showing you some awesome Super Bowl Snacks that are perfect to serve at any Super Bowl party.
Dips are an essential part of any party snack menu for me. This dip is creamy and cheesy with some serious kick from the chipotle peppers. I used canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and depending on your preference for heat, you can increase or decrease the amount of peppers and tablespoons of the adobo sauce. I used 2 peppers and 2 tablespoons of the sauce, and while it did give a decent amount of heat, everyone in the family was still able to eat the dip.
With the mindset that everything is better with bacon, I cooked 10 bacon strips and then crumbled them to mix into the dip. Along with the bacon, I also added some sliced green onions which gives some nice zing and added texture to the dip.
While I served this dip cold, it would also be great warm. Spoon the dip into an oven safe bowl and heat in a 325F oven until warm.
- 1 (8oz/227g) package cream cheese
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a food processor, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, grated cheddar, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce until smooth and the peppers are blended into the cheeses and sour cream.
- Dump cheese mixture into a bowl and stir in the sliced green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Serve crackers, toasted baguettes or tortilla chips.