I remember having this corn relish when I was a kid. My Meme (my mom’s mom) made this and whenever I went to see her and Pepe there was always a jar on the table. To this day whenever I eat it I think of her.
Delicious corn relish recipe that is great on hot dogs, burgers and sausage on a bun.
Servings: 12 500ml jars
- 3 dozen corn kernels cut off cob
- 4 cups of vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 bunch celery diced
- 10 onions minced
- 6 red peppers diced
- 3 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 cup flour
- Place all ingredients in a canning pot.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a high simmer.
- Keep it at a very low boil for 2 hours, stirring often.
- Place in sterilized jars and process for 20 minutes.