Spicy Asian Pork Loin Roast
We have had so much rain and cold weather here in Toronto over the past few weeks. I was so excited when the sun came out yesterday and the temperature was a little milder that it had been. I knew that it was a great chance to get the grill turned on. I have been known to grill in the dead of winter, but I far prefer it when I do not have to bundle up with a winter coat and toque.
I was in the mood to cook some Asian dishes that the family loves, so whatever I grilled, needed to fit with the other recipes. The local grocery store had a great sale on pork loin roasts so I grabbed one and decides to marinate and grill it Asian style! This Asian marinade has a perfect balance of flavours with just the right amount of heat and sweetness.
Spicy Asian Grilled Pork Loin Roast
Spicy Asian Grilled Pork Loin Roast with soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice, honey, thai chilies, ginger, garlic and honey
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pork loin roast (about 3-4 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 thai chilies , minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Trim any excess fat off the pork loin.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except the sesame seeds) together.
- Place roast in a bowl or ceramic baking dish. Pour over the marinade and turn the roast to ensure that all the meat is covered. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours. Turn the meat a couple extra times during the marinating process.
- Turn on one side of the grill to medium high heat. Once the temperature of the grill is about 400F it is ready. Place the roast on the side of the grill with the heat on to seal the outside of the meat. Cover the lid of the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the meat and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- After the meat has developed a nice seal and has some grill marks, move the meat over to the side of the grill where the flames are turned off. Cover the lid and continue to cook under indirect heat until the roast is cooked through, about 45 minutes or so. The internal temperature should be 145F.
- Remove the roast from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the roast into 1/4-1/2 inch slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds.